Our homemade version Our first night in Bruges, but fourth night in Belgium, we finally had an order of frites. Rather than the standard mayonnaise we opted for the house special sauce - mayonnaise, curry ketchup and raw onions. It was crazy good. And the curry ketchup blew me away. Had we not been in public, I would have licked the plate clean. In between the mouthfuls of fries, I kept telling Craig that I had to try to make the ketchup when we got home. And yesterday I did. Before I go into details, a quick aside: If you are an American woman in your thirties, you probably remember how popular Cabbage Patch Kids were. And you might remember that they were also ridiculously expensive. I wanted one soooooo bad. Finally, one of my grandmothers caved in and gave me one. Well, a homemade version of one that she bought at a church bazaar anyway. My little 8 year old self was so disappointed. Why, you are probably wondering, am I telling you about Cabbage Patch Kids when I should...
Comments
Post a Comment